Learning how to organize socks can often be a process of trial and error. But the first step to an organized sock drawer is always taking stock of the socks already you have. You’ll need to empty your drawer and start purging. So empty your drawer and separate the socks you want to keep and the socks you no longer wear. You can repurpose or donate the ones you no longer wear, just make sure that you get rid of them.
Depending on how many socks you’ve gathered, or organized you want your collection to be, you may need to come up with a system to keep them orderly. No matter your needs, the following summary steps are a basic guide to properly clean out your sock drawer:
- Remove all socks from your drawer
- Determine which socks you will keep
- Place them in piles for those you are keeping, donating, repurposing, or trashing.
- Clean the drawer with damp cloth and set up dividers if you need them
- Fill your now organzied drawer!